I’m delighted to say, in response to the latest Government and Diocesan guidelines, that churches have permission to open for Private Prayer and Reflection from Monday 15 June 2020.
Emmanuel, Billericay will be open on Wednesday and Saturdays from 10.00 am to 1.00 pm with a view to open on more days if the need is there.
You are very welcome to join us whether or not you are a church member.
We believe God listens to the cries of our hearts at all times – but especially during a time of global crisis. This webpage might be of some help to you if you’re not quite sure what to do or how to pray Are You Struggling To Pray?
It will be some time before Emmanuel is open for Sunday worship, but this is a welcome step in that direction. We will continue to provide an online (or livestreamed) service every Sunday at 10.30 am – it has been good to have so many of you joining with us. More details can be found here Emmanuel Online Services
There are, as expected, a number of protocols which you will need to observe when visiting Emmanuel for Private Prayer:
- A one way system will be in place. Please enter by the glass entrance doors and leave by the emergency exit.
- Hands must be sanitised on entry and when you leave.
- Chairs will be set apart at 2.0 m distances, however, if you are praying with a member of your own household, you will be able to move your chairs together.
- Bibles and service sheets will not be distributed. However, we will provide a laminate sheet (which can be sanitised) to guide you in your prayers. This can be downloaded here Private Prayer – Lockdown June 2020
- You might also want to make use of some of the excellent resources on our webpage Daily Prayers.
- We will give you the opportunity to light a candle in memory of a loved one. However, to restrict movement, this must be done when you plan to leave. You are. of course, welcome to stand by the candle for as long as you wish.
- Unfortunately, there will be no toilet facilities available.
- There will be no opportunity to write in our Prayer Book, however, you can send any prayer requests to Pauline Woolnough on email@example.com and these will be added to our Monthly Prayer Diary
- We currently have no plans to limit the amount of time people spend in Private Prayer.
Church members will be on hand to guide you through the above steps when you arrive.
Please get in touch with us if we can be of any help in anyway – before or after your visit – see poster below.
Be safe and be blessed