There will be an informal Café Style service in the Emmanuel church hall on Sunday 19 March at 10.30 am.
This is a wonderful opportunity to invite your family and friends to join with us. Kathryn Booth will be speaking.
Breakfast will be served from 10.00 am (croissants, coffee, fruit, juice etc.).
Lord, for mothers today we pray joy –
* for orphans, comfort.
* for not-yet mothers, hope.
* for single mothers, grace.
* for the lonely, family.
May there be moments of comfort and hope today for –
* the mothers of prodigals,
* the mothers who’ve lost children,
* the mothers who don’t know where their children are
* the mothers of Ukraine who’s hearts are surely breaking.
May the embrace of grace displace shame –
* for mothers in prison,
* for mothers who feel they’ve failed,
* for mothers who can’t be with their kids
* for mothers trying to forget a termination.
May those who never held their own child, for whom today may be sadder than it is happy, know the love and joy of parenting in the family of God, for “As a mother comforts her child, so will I comfort you; and you will be comforted.” Isaiah 66:13
And finally Lord, for all those poor souls everywhere who forgot that this is #MothersDay we ask that you would bless them, in your abundant grace and manifold mercy, with the discovery of daffodils and half-decent cards in surprisingly well-stocked convenience stores. Amen.